Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 30, 2013...Excerpts from Arizona border rancher Ed Ashurst (from upcoming book) re: Rob Krentz murder 3 years ago on the Krentz ranch

Story of a border rancher...excerpts from upcoming new book by N.Dale...
Douglas, Arizona 2013...

“I live on the ranch bordering the Krentz ranch to the east and north,” explains Ed Ashurst. “I can see the Krentz home looking out of my front door approximately ten miles away.  The day after Rob’s death, I was involved in tracking the outlaw into Mexico.  I saw the outlaw’s footprints where he crossed the border fence.  I mention this to say I feel that I’m qualified to speak about current border issues.”

 Ashurst echoes the concern of other ranchers living near the U.S./Mexican border. “I manage a large cattle ranch in the far southeastern corner of Arizona. I’ve been here for thirteen years.  My home has been broken into twice.  My son’s home has been broken into also.  Between us, we have had $20,000 or $30,000 worth of stuff stolen including two ranch pick-ups, a four wheeler, nine firearms (including a loaded AK 47), cash, jewelry, all of our credit cards, and driver’s licenses.  A guest house here on the ranch has been broken into so many times we quit counting… many times we haven’t even called the Cochise County Sheriff’s Department.  They have no less than fifteen reports on file where I’ve called for assistance dealing with an outlaw illegal alien,” says Ashurst.  “The Sinaloa Cartel, headed by kingpin Chapo Guzman and others are reaping huge profits doing business along the border.  Douglas, Arizona also has one of the largest Border Patrol stations in America.”  “Ed manages the ranch where I grew up next door until my folks sold it in 1969,” says Sue Krentz.   

 

“Law enforcement officials broke the news of Rob’s death to the kids and then the kids told me,” Sue sadly remembers. “Rob was shot on our property coming along the east side of the valley near Highway 80.  Phil, Rob’s brother, said he never heard a shot fired.”
.....Book release To Be Announced...

1 comment:

  1. The information posted here is clearly defining the real value of the ranches to use it an efficient way.

    Southeast Arizona Ranches for sale

    ReplyDelete